» » The level of intelligence depends on the growth of a person

Magazine

The level of intelligence depends on the growth of a person

Experts came to the conclusion that high people are often more intelligent than those who have low growth. The fault is genes that affect both growth and IQ level

Scottish experts came to the conclusion that high people are often more intelligent than those who have low growth. As it turned out, the fault is genes that influence both growth and IQ level.
Geneticists from Edinburgh University conducted a study in which about 6800 people took part. According to scientists, the relationship between growth and intelligence, which they identified, is not too big, but still it is extremely important.
Experts have analyzed whether there is a connection between genetic similarities in people who have about the same height and intelligence. According to Riccardo Marioni, the head of the study, earlier for these purposes, the data of twins or other relatives was analyzed. Now, for the first time, scientists have decided to investigate people who have nothing to do with each other. This allowed them to trace a connection that demonstrates that a person of high stature is more intelligent than a low person.
According to scientists, 70% of the relationship between growth and IQ level is explained by genetics, and the remaining 30% is affected by a variety of external factors.
It has also been recently shown that with the growth of a person, not only intellect is associated, but also a predisposition to diseases of the cardiovascular system. As it turned out, low people have a shorter life expectancy, they have a higher risk of coronary heart disease, stroke and even suicide.
Previously, researchers from the University of Maryland came to the conclusion that regular sex life can significantly increase the level of intelligence.
скачать dle 12.1
Tags

Related news

Comments to news

Dear visitor, You went to the site as an unregistered user.
We recommend that You register or enter the site under your name.

Write your own review:

Examination of the completed project, as is commonly believed, orders press clipping.

Our publishers

Quote

Participatory planning without regard to the authorities changes the cultural brand.

Ivan Leontiev, Editor